Green tea has been accepted the world over for its health benefits. Unsweetened brewed green tea has zero calories. If you are a calorie conscious individual, that’s simply powerful. Green tea contains flavonols and catechins (a type of polyphenols) that offer many great benefits.
Why Should You Drink Green Tea?
Let us tell you why,
Green tea contains bioactive compounds that improve numerous aspects of your health. Many of these compounds in the tea leaves make it to the final drink, which is good news for tea drinkers. EGCG is one of the most powerful compounds in green tea. This compound treats several diseases and prevents several more. And most importantly, though green has certain side effects, the benefits far outweigh them. Which is why you should drink green tea!
In today’s world Green tea is synonymous to health. The tea offers various benefits, some of the most important ones being better heart health, weight loss, and prevention of serious ailments like cancer and diabetes. Green tea also helps improve depression symptoms.
Below are a few essential benefits of Green Tea that you should definitely know about:
- Cuts down risk of Cancer – Green tea helps prevent a range of cancers, including cancers of the lung, skin, breast, liver, colon, and pancreas. The constituents of green tea prevent cancer cell proliferation and can even accelerate recovery. EGCG has also been found to kill cancer cells without affecting the healthy ones. This could be a breakthrough in cancer treatment, as the destruction of healthy cells is what makes cancer all the more painful and even act as a hindrance to recovery.
- Improves Heart Health – Green Tea lowers bad cholesterol levels that otherwise directly contribute to heart disease. Green tea has also shown to dramatically increase the antioxidant capacity of blood, which, in turn, protects the heart from reactive oxygen species and prevents heart attacks. In fact, Green Tea drinkers were found to have 31% lower risk of cardiovascular ailments.
- Boosts Immunity – The catechins in Green tea play a major role in boosting your immune function. The tea protects against oxidants and radicals, thereby enhancing immunity.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Green tea can also increase fat burning during exercise. The ingestion of Green tea extract increases the oxidation of fat during moderate intensity exercise. Green tea also boosts your metabolic rate, which basically means that you burn calories round the clock even while you are asleep.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – The long-term intake of green tea is associated with improved blood pressure levels. Studies suggest drinking 3 to 4 cups of Green Tea to help regulate blood pressure. It has also been found that as a result of lowered blood pressure due to green tea consumption, the risk of coronary heart disease went down by 5 percent and the risk of stroke by 8 percent.
- Helps Treat Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes – Using green tea for treating dark circles and puffy eyes is quite simple. All you need are a couple of green tea bags. The tannins in the tea treat puffy eyes and dark circles. The caffeine in green tea reduces puffiness by shrinking the blood vessels in the area. And on dark circles, it works by decreasing the dilation of blood vessels under the eyes.
- Helps Treat Acne – Green tea leaves can also be used as a gentle exfoliator. The antioxidants cleanse the skin and help banish acne.
- Stimulates Hair Growth – Green tea is known to stimulate hair growth and soften the hair. Due to its antiseptic properties, it also helps in preventing and curing common hair problems such as dandruff and psoriasis. It achieves this by reducing inflammation.
- Lowers the Risk of Type-2 Diabetes – Green tea can sensitize cells so that they are able to metabolize sugar better, improving diabetes symptoms. It also works great for diabetics because it enhances the metabolic system function. And green tea poly-phenols regulate glucose levels in the body, cutting diabetes risk.
- Prevents Tooth Decay – Studies have stated that people who drank green tea had better oral health than those who didn’t. Green Tea reduces inflammation and limits the growth of certain bacteria that can lead to periodontal diseases, tooth decay being one of them. It was also found that the more frequently test subjects took green tea, the better their oral health was.
- Helps relieve Arthritis – Green tea has shown promise in improving the health of the bones and cartilage. The antioxidant effects of EGCG play a major role here. The EGCG in Green Tea is over 100 times more effective than vitamins C and E when it comes to offering antioxidant benefits during arthritis. It has also been found to reduce inflammatory conditions in rheumatoid arthritis without interfering with other cellular functions.
- Promotes Longevity – The typical Japanese diet concluded that green tea might enhance life expectancy. This could be attributed to the various ways green tea positively impacts health, all of which compound and help one live longer. It has also been found that Green Tea drinkers usually showed less disability with age. Those who drink green tea are less likely to develop functional disability.
- Improves Brain Health – Green tea does contain caffeine, but not as much as coffee. Hence, it offers you the benefits of caffeine without producing the jittery effects of too much of it. Green tea also aids in the treatment or prevention of serious brain ailments like Alzheimer’s and Parkinsons’ disease. Studies have found that individuals who drank green tea once to six times a week had fewer chances of mental decline. Green tea also cuts down the risk of age-related dementia and also enhances memory.
- Promotes Digestive Health – The antioxidants in green tea promote digestive health. EGCG in green tea also improves colitis symptoms, an inflammatory disorder that disturbs the digestive health. Green tea also offers vitamins B, C, and E which are important for digestion. The tea was also found to reduce the rate of certain gastrointestinal cancers.
- Helps Cure Hangovers – Since it is high in antioxidants, green tea is believed to detoxify an abused liver and relieve hangover symptoms.
- Aids in Depression Treatment – As per a study, people who took about 4 cups of green tea in a day were far less likely to feel depressed. Green tea has also been found to produce effects similar to an antidepressant. The caffeine in green tea also plays an important role in depression treatment along with helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Treats Down-Syndrome – The EGCG in green tea helps to cut down on the symptoms of Down-Syndrome. It protects the body from cell damage that primarily causes this disease. This chemical also improves cognitive function in affected individuals. Down-Syndrome is caused when the individuals have three copies of the chromosome number 21 (people usually have two). Green tea was found to limit the ill effects of this third chromosome, which is responsible for the serious symptoms of the disease.
- Offers Anti-Aging Benefits – The anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants in green tea delay skin aging or its signs like expression lines and wrinkles. You can use a green tea and honey face mask for this purpose. The antioxidants in both green tea and honey help to slow down aging, while the antibacterial properties of honey cleanse the skin and improve the texture.
Is drinking Green Tea good for your skin?
Green tea acts as a natural sunscreen. It helps in preventing the free radicals from settling between the skin cells, which otherwise cause skin issues like sunburn and rashes.
How many cups of Green Tea a day?
It was found in a study that drinking 6 or more cups of green tea can cut the risk of type-2 diabetes by as much as 33 percent. But drinking as many as 6 cups of green tea a day may not be healthy. Hence, one should limit themselves to about 3-4 cups of Green tea a day.
What about Hair. Does Green Tea Have Any Benefits Related to Hair as well?
Green tea has advantages for the hair too. Its healthy constituents, especially the antioxidants, improve scalp health and consequently strengthen hair. The tea even prevents male pattern baldness.
What about the Benefits of Green Tea for Skin?
The antioxidants in green tea also play a big role in enhancing skin health. The tea helps eliminate dark circles and treats puffy eyes, and also exhibits anti-aging effects.
Well, now that you know how beneficial Green Tea is, it’s time for you to get your hands on it as well. Explore through the variety of Green Tea flavors available at Zaira Tea and enjoy the goodness of nature in every sip. Order your cup of this healthy brew today, through here.